1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video not displaying

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HaloFire, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaloFire

HaloFire Thread Starter

I recently got a new computer w/out windows, and before I had the install for it, I decided to look around at the settings. Under something like video options, I was selecting different options and seeing if they had any difference, one of them I selected made my screen not appear when it restarted. I've tried using a different hdmi, no change. The basic video cable, no change. Not sure what to do. I'm using an ASUS M5A78l-M/US83 motherboard.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Does this machine has an OS or not installed?

If so what OS?

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Clear the RTC RAM with the jumper as shown on page 1-19 of that motherboard's manual.

If you don't have the manual you can download it with this link :-
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...009.428328771.1542435471-530608214.1512091128

After you clear it you will probably have to go into the Bios Setup, if so just select Load Setup Defaults under the Exit Menu then Exit and Save Changes. (Page 2-23 in the manual).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice