1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video not in sync when PC and TV are connected via RGB cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Smokei, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokei

Smokei Thread Starter

Hi,

I want to watch the lord of the rings extended trilogy which I recently got on my laptop. I want to watch it on my TV of course so I've connected my TV and my laptop via the RGB cable, and for the sound I used the 3,5 mm male jack on both sides which goes from pc headphones output to tvs sound input.

Now what happens is that it seems that the audio is not in time with the video, so I can hear the conversation before it actually happens. However, on the laptop everything runs fine, but on the tv the video is late. How to fix this? My laptop doesn't have a HDMI output unfortunately. And I can't burn it to DVD because the movie is in .mp4 format. I can't even watch it on usb because the player I have does not support mp4 movies. And all those converters are terribly slow and reduce the video quality + none of them is really free.

Thanks in advance.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The media player on the PC or the TV may have an option to delay the audio.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082998

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice