1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video on LCD TV not displaying

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vanaaken, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanaaken

vanaaken Thread Starter

Hi I have a IBM Thinkpad A30p and a 19" LCD TV with PC VGA port. The laptop runs 1600x1200 and I use VLC to watch films. Just bought a 19" lcd tv a few months ago and with having the PC VGA port thought it would be good to watch films off my laptop through it.

However when I plug the cable in and do Fn F7 the resolution drops to 1024x768 and when i play the film it plays fine on the laptop but on the screen where the film is playing its just black, even though everything else displays ok on the tv.

The strange thing is once or twice when I have tried this it comes up on the TV as 1600 x1200 and you can see that the film it is playing ok, I hvae tried all possible combinations to get it to do this again without success. I have tried plugging the cable in, in different combinations in case it had to see the tv first or something but nothing. All I know is that when I Fn F7 and the resolution drops down, that the film will not display on the tv.

Cheers

Mark

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice