1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Out.. i'm screwed pls help!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fluxhavok, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fluxhavok

fluxhavok Thread Starter

okay so i just bought a new computer, and is had an nvidia graphics card. it's the first card i've had that was worth a damn so i tried hooking up the s-video to my tv and monitor using dual veiw or whatever, i liked the tv picture so much i decided to do single display on the tv only. then i started to have trouble so i went to switch it back to my monitor and for some reason instead of tv and monitor being my only choices there was a third choice "analog" so i clicked it to see what would happen and the screen shut off. in a panic i began cursing and hitting buttons... so anyway, now i have no picture on my computer and no way to re-route the v-out to any of the 2 working choices... i'm not very computer savvy. what do i do?!!?! i use windows xp. pls help!!!

2. jsides

jsides

try booting in safe mode and solving from there.

3. fluxhavok

fluxhavok Thread Starter

okay, went into safe mode but it wouldn't let me access the nvidia control panel so i could go back and switch to make myy moniitor the main display. so i went to system restore and picked a restore point from like 2 days ago, and now my computer won't start at all, it keeps going to the advanced startup option screen, but no matter what option i choose the screen goes blue and it says,

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

blah blah blah,

Technical Information:
    Stop: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0xf85480bf, 0xf8994208, 0xf8993f08)

pci.sys – Address f85480bf base at f8541000, Datestamp 3b7d855c

any suggestions would be appreciated. jeez, i can't believe i waited 3 weeks for this peice of crap. note to self, don't buy anything from ebay.

4. fluxhavok

fluxhavok Thread Starter

...??? anyone? pls?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice