1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Out Problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mshabsovich, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mshabsovich

mshabsovich Thread Starter

i am trying to set up a computer to be able to play movies on a TV screen through an RCA jack. the video card is an Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440 64mb. i plugged the RCA cable from the PC to the TV and i am able to see the desktop and everythiong else. but when i play a movie the screen where the movie is supposed to play is just black. i can see the movie on the PC monitor but not on the TV. i tried messing with the settings but cant seem to find the right one. i know how to do it on an ATI video card but not an Nvidia. Please Help. Thanks.

2. mphair

mphair

right click on the desktop then go to properties, then settings. you should see two moniors. most likely the secondary one is selected and the checkbox says "extend desktop" or something like that. uncheck that box then click on the primary monitor and click 'advanced'
    i dont remember the nvidea properties design but there should be a 'monitors' or 'displays' tab which will show 2 monitors. the option you are looking for is 'clone' if you find the clone option, turn it on and that should solve your problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482398

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice