Video Player Photo Frame idea

leachim

Hi

I have Gigabytes of video that is just sitting on my hard drive

Would like to like to know if there is a windows 10 programme that is available (or can be written) to act like a Photo Frame that will constantly play through hundreds of videos one after the other

Some photo Frames that are available will play videos - but only mp4

Thanks

leachim

That is certainly a good suggestion - I actually HAVE vlc

Only one drawback - not sure if VLC playback is as clear as other programs

Am I right ?

managed

Allan
I think you will just have to try it and see if it meets your needs, the quality could depend on the video formats used. There are other players of course, for example VLC and 4 others for Windows are featured in the video below :-

managed

Allan
You're welcome, do let me know how you get on with this.

I think you will just have to try it and see if it meets your needs, the quality could depend on the video formats used. There are other players of course, for example VLC and 4 others for Windows are featured in the video below :-

Hi Allen, I thought VLC was obsolete and vulnerable to security threats?

Hi Tina

As far as I know VLC is still maintained and updated, the latest version is dated 15th of June this year.
Thanks Alllan for clarifying that for me. I didn't know VLC was still used. I thought I was bring that information up just in case it was vulnerable to security threats. I didn't want to OP above to use a media player that may have been obsolete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online