1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Problem Fix, Heres How...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by doc1975, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doc1975

doc1975 Thread Starter

I posted a problem a few days ago, cocerning my video. It would constantly reboot or drop me back to the desktop after playing video games. I have an Athlon 750, on an FIC Motherboard w/ 751 chipset. I was using a geForce2 mx200, so i tried an ATI 7200 Radeon, but both had the same problem, i figured it might be a conflict with the CPU brand, and the geForce2, but that wasnt it. I followed the advice given to me on my previous post, reconfigured the bios, nothing, disabled the "fast write" option nothing, so i did some more reading, and found a couple things discussing some conflicts AMD was having with AGP, so I went out and bought yet ANOTHER card, this time a geforce2 mx400, PCI version, now everything is okee dokee.

Thanks To All Who Tried To Help,
    Joey

2. motocross95

motocross95

Wow that is weird that it was your AGP.

3. doc1975

doc1975 Thread Starter

I think so too, not too mention expensive...

4. brianF

brianF

There's quite a bit of info listed here under motherboard chipset problems if your interested in taking a look to see if your problem is explained

http://www.geforcefaq.com/faq.cgi

5. doc1975

doc1975 Thread Starter

Wasnt able to connect to the link you supplied!:confused:

6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax

7. doc1975

doc1975 Thread Starter

Now, my delema lies here, it appears that more than likely with the information from the site posted above, i should be able to reinstall my AGP card, but my question is this, which one is better. I have the original video card i was using geForce2 mx200 64megs, and i now have this newer card that i just bought, geforce2 mx 400 PCI? Which one should i keep?

Thanx,

Joey

8. doc1975

doc1975 Thread Starter

I forgot to mention the PCI card is also 64megs.

9. brianF

brianF

Thats a tough call, the 400 will out perform the 200 generally but I'm not sure that the pci version of the 400 will outperform the agp version of the 200.

I would think the pci bus would limit bandwidth and transfer rate as it runs much slower than the agp bus

Just an opinion

by the way, sorry about the bad link, I was in a hurry and didn't check it.

10. motocross95

motocross95

You mean AGP bus right Brian?

11. brianF

brianF

Ya, I corrected it, rough day, thanks

12. motocross95

motocross95

It's alright I'm gonna be having a few rough days in a row since I have a speech to give tomorrow which won't be too bad, but a big project due next tuesday, some C++ programs to do and a VB program to finish. Wish me luck.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice