1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video problem, no picture, just sound

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by masti, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. masti

masti Thread Starter

When I'm trying to watch divx, avi's or mpeg's etc. my computer almost halts and responses really slow. I have winamp, irfanview, Windowsmediaplayer, divx-player etc. and none of these programs work. All newest versions. Is this probably some codec corruption problem or what?

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

You need more information.

Check device manner for yellow marks

Run dxdiag

3. masti

masti Thread Starter

just looked at dxdiag and devices, there were no problems. Is there any application to check codecs and related stuff? should I uninstall/delete something and then reinstall?

4. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Your computer display is fine or dxdiag would report error. Your devices are fine because if they were not working that would have shown up in device manager.

That pretty well leaves software as the problem. Because the problem exists for all codecs and players it is not likely to be codecs. But it is likely to be software that affects all pleayers.

The only software that would affect all players and codecs, etc. would be the OS.

I think some setting has been changed in your OS.
    Firrst choice would be a system restore.
    If that failes, try a windows repair install.
    If that fails you will have to re-install the OS and that may require a re-install of all mother board drivers as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice