video problem, no picture, just sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

masti

When I'm trying to watch divx, avi's or mpeg's etc. my computer almost halts and responses really slow. I have winamp, irfanview, Windowsmediaplayer, divx-player etc. and none of these programs work. All newest versions. Is this probably some codec corruption problem or what?

masti

just looked at dxdiag and devices, there were no problems. Is there any application to check codecs and related stuff? should I uninstall/delete something and then reinstall?

Your computer display is fine or dxdiag would report error. Your devices are fine because if they were not working that would have shown up in device manager.

That pretty well leaves software as the problem. Because the problem exists for all codecs and players it is not likely to be codecs. But it is likely to be software that affects all pleayers.

The only software that would affect all players and codecs, etc. would be the OS.

I think some setting has been changed in your OS.
Firrst choice would be a system restore.
If that failes, try a windows repair install.
If that fails you will have to re-install the OS and that may require a re-install of all mother board drivers as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online