Video problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

golden1

Hi,
I'm using Ulead Video Studio 11 (new to it). I'm mixing video & still images, all was fine until I got to the last video clip. When I played the project it ran smoothly until the last clip, it froze for a few seconds then carried on with no sound. When I play it as a clip it works perfectly. Can anyone help? I'm using Windows Vista, 140g HD & 2 meg of RAM.

golden1

It hangs after it has been imported, when I'm reviewing what I have done

so when you play the clip outside the program it runs fine, when you run the clip inside the program outside the timeline it runs, but in the timeline it has problems? it this correct

have you tried exporting the timeline, does it hang when exported?

golden1

No, the clip runs perfectly well in the program - when I play that clip only - when I play the whole project all the other clips are fine until the timeline reaches the part of (clip) in the project. The timeline doesnt run out at all.

a couple of ideas
1. it could be the clip directly before that is causing the problems, if it is corrupt or not the right codec, check the clip before playing by itself.
2. is the imported clip a different codec then the rest in the timeline
3. does that section of the edited timeline require rendering? if so render it
4. try exporting the entire edited timeline and see if the problem is in the finished problem

mrss

I don't use Ulead but edit with other software. Sometimes, mixing stills and video can strain the PC resources on a long project, especially if you use original size images that are 2-3 3MB in size. Try spliiting the project into several smaller video clips. Then if the smaller ones are OK, they can be combined into one final project.

I use Ulead Media Studio Pro and have found that certain .mpg files don't play nice when I want to create transitions, etc.

What you might try doing is re-encoding that file into something else, maybe try windows movie maker and just re-encode it as a .wmv and see what happens.

Just a thought,

MBN

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online