1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Problems!!! Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by doc1975, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doc1975

doc1975 Thread Starter

I'm running Windows XP Pro, my system consists of an AMD Athlon 750 on a 751 chipset FIC motherboard. I was originally using a 64mg GeForce 2 mx200 video card, but then switched believing it was a conflict between the video and the brand of CPU. I since ordered an ATI Radeon 7200, and am having the same problem. The problem is as i play a game, sometimes 2d, like SimCity 3000, but more often its when i play a game that requires the 3d, but it will just boot me out of the game and pop me back on the desktop, or just completely reboot the computer. What in the world could this be?

Joey:confused:

2. brianF

brianF

3. doc1975

doc1975 Thread Starter

The AGP was enabled, dont know what to do now, and there is no section in the bios for seledt the 4x or 2x, or to set a "slider". i have an FIC sd11 motherboard, please help me.

Joey:confused:

4. motocross95

motocross95

hello doc, I am the individual who had the problem, and with the help of BrianF we got it to work. I will tell you what fixed the problem in my case. Right click on your desktop and go to properties. Next click on the settings tab, then click advanced. After that click on the TROUBLESHOOT tab. You should see a little slider that lets you change the amount of hardware acceleration. Under that there should be a check box that says "Enable write combining" I think in your case that will be checked. Uncheck it and try it. That is what fixed my problem and I believe it will fix yours as well. Tell me how it works out, I'm curious.

5. doc1975

doc1975 Thread Starter

I did as you suggested and disabled the fast right, and yet it still manages to drop me back to the desktop in the middle of a game. I am extremely frustrated... desperate even...

:(

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60028

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice