1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Problems with EQ2 & Nvidia FX5700LE card

Discussion in 'Games' started by chaardave, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaardave

chaardave Thread Starter

I am having video problems with my recently installed Jaton 3DForce FX5700L video card, most notably when trying to run EQ2, as well as some other 3D games. While things load & run normally, the video, especially the video of my character appears vividly colored & blurred while some onscreen text is clear & other text is blurred or chopped up, Tweaking the in game resolution settings changes some things to make som or all text legible or makes the character clearer, but never both.
    I have repeatedly erased & installed what seem to be the latest drivers for the card, as well as Direct X 9.0, as well as reinstalled the game itself, but the same problem remains. I have contacted Jaton tech. suppt. by phone, only to be told to do what I have already tried (Probably I suspect, by thier Phillipino receptionist posing as a tech suppt. type).
    According to my machines Dev. manager, the video card is operating properly & when running DXDIAG, it also indicates the card is working ok (although the text on the spinning block during the 3D test displays is slightly pixellated).
    My system is a Compaq 5420US with an AMD Athlon XP1700 1.47 Ghz processor, 768 Mb SDram, 80 Gbyte HD, running Win XP home. The video driver is nv4_disp.dll vers. 6.14.0010, dated 10/29/2004.
    Any help w ould be greatly appreciated.

2. in3rt!a

in3rt!a

i guess make sure its not overheating?

that would screw up the display...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/321134

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice