Video Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Centurin

I am using an Ati Radeon 64Mb DDR card. Some games, such as Starcraft, run in 256 color mode. Whenever I load the game, I get white vertical lines all over the screen, especially in black areas. The same is true for when the desktop is set to 256 colors. I updated the drivers last night, but it didn't fix it. So far, Starcraft is the only program that I've had this trouble with, but its because its the only one that uses 256 colors. I would really appreciate any feedback on this. Even some comments would be appreciated. The Starcraft trouble shooter says to put the screen display to 256 color depth at 640x480, but this just makes it worse. I dont know why the Radeon seems to run better, the higher the graphics setting. I would think it could at least handle 256 color depth. But anyway, please help me on this one.

Thanks,
Anthony

Do you have DirectX8 installed?

You might check the release notes for your driver and see if there are any known conflicts. An email to ATI support might find them interested...

http://support.ati.com/issuetype/driverdirect.html

Also your motherboard may require agp drivers; if you have ever formatted, they would have been wiped out. Or they might not have been installed if the system was custom built.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online