1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video problems!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nmkyourface, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nmkyourface

nmkyourface Thread Starter

I recently purchased a MSI P6N SLI motherboard, 2 gb of ADATA DDR2 800 ram, and a EVGA 7600GT PCI 16x. I put them together paired with a 3ghz Pentium D and got it to boot. all these items are compatible. However, the Video does not respond. My moniter remains in standby mode when I boot. I have tested a PCI card as well and it does not respond either. I have tried a new moniter that works and I have tried using the DVI output instead of VGA. I cannot do anything until I find a solution that I hope isn't RMAing the MOBO!

If you know how to fix this please post a reply!
    thanks!

2. shaheel16

shaheel16

If ur board has an integrated VGA card then try disabling it first... BTW it should have worked fine...

3. nmkyourface

i don't have an integrated video adapter that why I bought the video card. I know it should have worked but I can't find any solution.

4. bonk

bonk Banned

All drivers for your Video card installed and all Motherboard drivers installed also??

5. nmkyourface

I can't even get it to post so I can't install xp yet. I just bought all of this to build a new pc, I also got a new hard drive that has not been formatted. The problem is that no video is displayed on the screen

6. bonk

bonk Banned

Understood.......

Is this video card PCI or PCI E???

Have you got any other old Video cards around you can try

7. nmkyourface

it is a PCI 16x card. I have already tried a pci card that i have sitting around and I know that it works, but it didn't work either in my new pc.

8. bonk

bonk Banned

Have you tried that video card in another PC to see if it works......also have you tried a different slot if you have another one on that board

Also get into bios and see if there is a setting for it.

here are the usual keys for entering Bios to press on startup.

• {Delete} (modern Award and AMI BIOSes)
    • {F2} (modern Phoenix BIOSes)
    • {Ctrl}+{Alt}+{Esc}
    • {Ctrl}+{Esc}
    • {Alt}+{Esc}
    • {Ctrl}+{Alt}+{S}
    • {F1}

9. nmkyourface

I do not have any other boards to test the new pci16x card in so i am unsure if the problem is the motherboard or the video card. I cannot get to the bios menu because nothing shows up on the screen when I boot the pc

10. bonk

bonk Banned

Hard to say if it could be the board or Video card........

I would start from scratch and rebuild the PC again double checking everything........sometimes the video card needs power is the power connected to it.

11. nmkyourface

this model doesn't have an extra power hookup

12. shaheel16

shaheel16

What is the name n model of ur PCi-Ex card and what type of power supply are u using[ amount of watts}... U know sometimes high end cards need much more power.....

13. nmkyourface

EVGA 7600GT PCI 16x 256mb gddr3 128bit.
    It's not a high end card.

PSU= Apevia 500w
    everything should work ok

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice