1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zeke_cl, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeke_cl

Zeke_cl Thread Starter

I am runnning winxp pro and I am having some major problems with my display. My image on my screen (ie. screen size) keeps growing and shrinking at intermitent times. It is really annoying.
    I have tried changing video cards from a pci voodoo 3 2000 to a 3d blaster banshee thinking that might be the problem but it did not help, it still does it.
    I thought it might be because my cards were overheating, cause they get very hot, so I bought a fan to cool then down and that did not help.
    I switched monitors and that did not help.

This has been doing this for a while even when I had win98 running.

If anybody has any ideas i could use the help.

Thanks

Zeke_cl

2. brianF

brianF

could be a bad power supply in the pc, pretty strange.

Although I would think the machine would crash when it happened.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

How large is the power supply?

What you might try is to disconnect any extra hard drives, cd/dvd/cdrw and run it that way for a while to see if the same thing happens.....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice