1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Prob's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Coupy, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Coupy

Coupy Thread Starter

I have a nvidia tnt2 and when trying to play a game the system would crash. Doing anything else the pc was fine. I went and bought a new ATI 9000 64meg video card and i go to install it i turn power on and i can hear the pc working but i get no display what am i doing wrong?

Thnx for the help in advance

Coupy

2. hw45

hw45

You have to deinstall the drivers of your old video card first. Put it in back and go to drivers update in device manager. Here you change the driver to vga standard driver. Then turn off your computer and change the video cards. Install the new driver (download the latest detonator driver). If you have VIA chipset on your motherboard install first the latest VIA4in1 driver (actually V.4.45). Good luck.

3. Coupy

Coupy Thread Starter

Ok i got the card to install and everthing works fine until i play a video game the system crashes again. I reformatted and reinstalled winme and reinstalled driver for video card is there a chance its something else?

4. ozinpho

ozinpho

Hi, ME has a lot of problems with some nvidia cards, go to the microsoft compatability site, sorry address not immediately on hand, check out your card against the MS listings. Sometimes microsoft have patches, also try nvidia for patches. Am speaking from past experience, had to put 98 back on one of our comps due to this problem. I bet you are trying to play Mechwarrior4.

5. Coupy

Coupy Thread Starter

No its the new Ati Card I am using and i have put in the most recent driver. Sometimes it works and sometimes it crashes the pc

6. Coupy

Coupy Thread Starter

When reading the faq section of ati it directs me to a main board makers site how do i get the type of mainboard my pc has?

7. hw45

hw45

Download Aida32 here . And when you want to make sure what mainboard it is, then you have to open your case and take a look (usually in between the PCI slots) for your motherboard model. If you cannot find anything, then try here .

8. Coupy

Coupy Thread Starter

Thnx for the app thats helped me considerably

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114321

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice