1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video probs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RickyCobra, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickyCobra

RickyCobra Thread Starter

I just made the worst mistake of my life and installed windows XP. I got all my hardware and software to work except for my vid card. It's a ATI Radeon AGP 32 mb that was suppose to be windows XP compatable. It loads the driver I downloaded from the ATI site but when I restart the screen doesn't come up or if it does it looks like a bunch of scribled lines. My bios doesn't have any upgrades that pertain to windows xp. Anyone have any ideas?

2. RickyCobra

RickyCobra Thread Starter

I got it. I had to go into bios and disable the 4x mode. I don't quite understand why because the card is 4x, but hey, I'm up and running. Just a little info for those who run into simular probs.

3. rogerhall

rogerhall

this is the problem i have been having with a radeon 64mb vivo
    when i restart the scribbled lines appear over all the white writing, it can take two or three attempts.
    i thought it could be something to do with heat.
    any suggestions for me since you fixed that one?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice