1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Recorder from TV broadcast to PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Comserv, Apr 2, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Comserv

Comserv Thread Starter

Hello:
    I am looking for a gadget/Bod/USB that record directly from TV programs into PC, either while you watch the same channel or records from the background by itself while you watch other TV program.

I know that TV provides have it but the cost is very high -I would like to buy it out right.
    Any suggestions?
    I have a PC/win 10 64, large HDD, USB etc., I prefer an external device and not PCI Card.
    Thanks
    F.

2. Comserv

Comserv Thread Starter

Correction:
    Hello:
    I am looking for a gadget/Box/USB that record directly from TV programs into PC, either while you watch the same channel or records from the background by itself while you watch other TV program.

I know that TV provides have it but the cost is very high -I would like to buy it out right.
    Any suggestions?
    I have a PC/win 10 64, large HDD, USB etc., I prefer an external device and not PCI Card.
    Thanks
    F.

3. Comserv

Comserv Thread Starter

Correction:
    Hello:
    I am looking for a gadget/Box/USB that record directly from TV programs into PC, either while you watch the same channel or records from the background by itself while you watch other TV program.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    F.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I merged your three threads here. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

5. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    What type of TV service are you using? If you use cable TV, you can use an HDHomeRun unit. But it will require a cable card (low cost rental from your cable provider) and you will need DVR software (another monthly or yearly fee if you use the HDHomeRun software).

The easiest solution, rent the DVR from your TV provider. Any other solutions are hit and miss depending on your TV provider.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225301

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice