video streaming over the net...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PK-her0

hi guys,

a church has asked me to provide a solution for them to be able to broadcast their services over the net.

it must be portable, and will be servicing +- 30 to 40 online people...

will it require a web site? (As i would avoid this if i can)

there is a 7mb dsl connection in the church.

any suggestions please.

PK

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You'll probably need to upgrade that service then. Most people are so fixated on the download speed of a service when they totally ignore the upload speed. In your situation, you need the most upload speed possible. You can do the math yourself and figure out what you need.

Start by figuring out how much bandwidth you're going to consume for one user connecting in to the video stream. This is dependent on the quality of the video/audio you're looking to run. Only you can answer this. So figure a very basic and rudimentary video stream of about 100Kb/s. Multiply this times 30-40 and you'll have your ball park bandwidth requirement minus any other ancillary network traffic you have going out to the internet at the time. You also need to make sure your video streaming server is sized appropriately to handle that many users.

PK-her0

thanks zx10guy,

but is there a software package that does this...or does it need to be coded (Web site)
have you used anything...?

drop me a few names and i will investigate...

thanks ahead

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It sounds like there isn't anything there in terms of video capture. You'll have to figure out a budget for camera(s), video encoding and streaming, and bandwidth. I don't have any suggestions in particular.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.