1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Streaming Problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by steph_1389, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steph_1389

steph_1389 Thread Starter

Hello,

I recently did an upgrade on my laptop, just so I can have a clean version of Windows 7 ad start from scratch as the system was feeling a bit clunky. I m planning on doing a clean install and formatting soon (maybe tomorrow), but for now I currently have a problem.

So before the upgrade, I had no problem playing YouTube videos, or any other videos on streaming sites using both Mozilla and Chrome. I could watch videos on wither piece of software at 720p without any problems with lag and stuttering. After this upgrade, nothing seems to work. When I try to watch YouTube videos, even on 360p I will get major slowdown on the video itself and when using the laptop. Thos only occurs when the videos is playing, and when stopped it goes away. I have looked at task manager to see the CPU usage and when playing videos the usage of it is in the high 80s and lower 90s percentages.

The current actions I have taken are these:

• I have disabled hardware acceleration in both Adobe Flash Player and Mozilla.
    • Removed enhancements on audio in case it was audiodg tampering with it (had this problem before)
    • I have disabled all of the add-ons I have present in the browser, including Adobe Flash Player
      When I did this, the Mozilla's own container was still giving me high CPU usage

• I have tried booting with just Microsoft applications and drivers running and still get the high usage
    I am currently doing the following:

• Running a MalwareBytes scan
    • Running a MSE scan
    • Uninstalling Adobe Flash Player, trying without it installed, and then trying with a clean install of it still isn't fixed.
    So I am wondering, is there anything I haven't done that would be wise to do in order to fix this problem?

If you need any more information, I will be happy to provide.

Thanks,
    Stephan.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Have you installed/updated ALL of the system and hardware drivers? You should be using the drivers from the manufacturers website, not the default drivers installed by Windows.

3. steph_1389

steph_1389 Thread Starter

Sorry about the late reply.

I did install all of the drivers that I got for the laptop just in case something happen, but I fear the may have been out of date or for the wrong OS. I am re downloading all of them again, making sure that it is the right OS. Ill let you know how it goes when they are downloaded and installed.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You haven't provided a description of your laptop, so we have no idea what you're working with.

What's the brand name and model name and model number of your laptop?

What's the part/product number(P/N) or service tag number on it?

---------------------------------------------------------

What version of Windows 7 is in that install disc, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Does it contain the Service Pack 1(SP1) upgrade?

---------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1129855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice