1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video streaming

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jsberry, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsberry

jsberry Thread Starter

Hi

I am trying to watch some video streams, my computer plays them but after about 5 minutes it stops working and the when I move the mouse there are pink strips appear on the screen and the colours are not right.

Also if I try to convert video after a short time, anything from a few seconds to a few minutes everything on the screen freezes inluding the mouse. I normally use AVS video converteer but have tried others and other videos but it still freezes.

I am using windows 7 and ie11, 2GB ram. AMD athlon64 X2 3GHZ

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Sounds like the PC is overheating. Video conversion will typically use 100% of the cpu, thus generating heat. When was the last time the PC was cleaned of dust and dirt?

3. jsberry

jsberry Thread Starter

hi

It had not been cleaned for a while.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1124246

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice