Video transfer via Pinnicle

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gibbsa

I am trying to transfer a VHS to DVD via my Pinnacle software. I got the video to transfer and heard the audio as it was transferring. When I tried to put titles and record on the DVD I am not hearing the audio. I have read the "instructions" however can not get the audio.

When I copied the VHS to the hard drive for transfer I had head phones connected, however I don't think that could cause the audio not to play now.

If anyone has an idea or pointers please let me know what I may have done incorrectly.

Gibbsa said:
I am trying to transfer a VHS to DVD via my Pinnacle software. I got the video to transfer and heard the audio as it was transferring. When I tried to put titles and record on the DVD I am not hearing the audio. I have read the "instructions" however can not get the audio.

When I copied the VHS to the hard drive for transfer I had head phones connected, however I don't think that could cause the audio not to play now.

If anyone has an idea or pointers please let me know what I may have done incorrectly.
Most likely Pinnacle is not set up with the right audio-in connection (like line in, TAD-in, etc). What you should do is capture video (without the headphones) and make sure you can hear it while it is capturing, then you know you are capturing the audio. If you can't hear it, go into the capture options on Pinnacle and change the audio-in source until you can hear the audio while you capturing. Obviously, make sure your speakers on not muted--make sure you can hear the speakers with some other audio source (like a wave or mpeg file) before you start capturing.

Hi.
I did have same problems. When I play it on my DVD, I did not have sound. But it was DVD. I did buy new DVD, little bit better and I did play on 3D ....and was perfect.
But the setting must be spot on.

mlettel

Gibbsa

Are you saying that it has to be a "3-D"? Could you explain what that is.
After capturing the video on to the harddrive via Pinnicle, I edited it then created it on DVD; there was no sound, no main menu to skip through, etc...
I know that it should not be that hard to do. I have read the literature that came with the software, but am still in a quandry.

Hi.

I did say all in replay to you. Read it again. Keep in mind. All DVD,s have a settings for sound. I did get sound only when I set DVD to" 3D" sound.
By for now.
mlettel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts