1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video transfer

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by RonT22, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RonT22

RonT22 Thread Starter

I have this pen that supposedly video tapes things. I'm supposed to be able to put whatever I make a video of onto my computer. I have a usb connector line that connects to the usb on the computer and the other end to the pen. That's where I am. No instructions on how to get it from the pen into the computer.Isn't something supposed to come up on the screen and tell me how to proceed? RonT22

2. HCD

HCD

when you connect the pen via USB, is there a sound, or does anything pop up bottom right of the screen about loading device driver.

Try "my computer2 and see if device is showing....

3. RonT22

RonT22 Thread Starter

Yes it makes a sound. plunk de plunk. How do I try my computer2?

4. HCD

HCD

(Sorry missed the shift key on 2 ... ").....go to "My Computer" and look to see if device is showing

5. RonT22

RonT22 Thread Starter

Still lost, I'm afraid. What about the shift key? and 2? If the device is not showing how do I get it in there?

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Does your desktop or Start menu show an icon labeled "Computer" or "My Computer"? If so, double click on it.

7. RonT22

RonT22 Thread Starter

From the start menu there is computer, when I click on it, it takes me to a box showing 2 hard disc drives c +D and a Kodak flash drive for my printer. That is it. When I plug in the usb chord it says device not recognized, so I imagine I have to try and install a driver or drivers. I have nothing to go by, how do I begin?

8. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    Is there any kind of brand name, model number or FCCID number on the device?

If not, maybe you can try a Google Image Search for words like video pen recorder and see if you can find a web site with a picture of your device. That site may have more information about drivers and software.

9. RonT22

RonT22 Thread Starter

Found a video on you tube that had a pen like mine but didn't tell me anything I didn't have figured out on my own. Another source said I needed a km player to play the vids, doesn't solve my problem although in the event someone can explain to me how to tranfer the videos to the PC, I'll be ready.Anyway, in the box with the pen they included a micro adapter.Didn't say what it was for, but the memory chip that fits inside the pen, will slide into the slot on the end of the adapter and the adapter is the right size to slide into a slot on the top front of the PC labeledsd/mini mmc/rs/plus/mobile. What is supposed to happen then? I guess the usb chord that plugs into the pen is just a charger. Is the adapter with the chip in it supposed to be transferring the videos into the PC?

10. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    The memory chip most likely has the video(s) on it. The adapter is to make it possible to read the contents of the memory chip using more common memory ports found on some computers these days.

When the memory chip and adapter are plugged in the computer, the chip should probably show up in "Computer" as a removable drive. Double clicking on it should let you then explore the contents of the memory chip and copy the files to your computer's hard drive.

11. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That's the problem. It's not recognized. It either needs a special driver (unlikely), or it's defective.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice