1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video uploads using cpu

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by paulmars, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paulmars

paulmars Thread Starter

When I upload video files, my CPU usage goes way up and the upload is slow. During upload I can not watch videos - CPU pegs. It was never like this before, but now it is.

No spyware, trojens, viruses, etc. What could be my problem?

Tks,
    Paul

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

It may depend on what program you use to "upload"?

Where are the uploaded videos comong from, and how are you uploading them?

3. paulmars

paulmars Thread Starter

same as previously. Videos I record from TV using my TV card and bittorrent videos I download. Occasionally a video copied from a DVD. Uploading to youtube using their web interface.

4. paulmars

paulmars Thread Starter

I just tried video. google and I am having the same problem as with youtube, so I think it is at my end. Why might my resources get used up so much more then previously? I have done many sweeps for viruses and spyware, etc.

uploading is so slow. it keeps failing before completing.

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Given that you are downloading video's via bittorrent, I will withdraw from this thread, as that is in 99.9% of cases an illegal activity. It would pay to check the forum rules.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice