1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video won't play

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Five, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Five

Five Thread Starter

Suddenly no video will play, not youtube, not weather channel, not Fox News nor any other.

I am running Windows XP SP3.
    Have Explorer 8, and Google Chrome.

I understand that youtube is going thru some sort of maintenance and some people are having problems with it, but why would that affect videos on other sites??

Just before this happened, I had run Spybot S& D, which always has a message about removing "robot ads" (whatever that is). It always puts up this message. So how would I know what a Robot was anyway? This time there were 3 things it found and I clicked to remove them all.
    Also Spybot took 4 hours! and I understand that this is unusual and is another problem all by itself. Maybe connected??

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

YouTube isn't going through anything, and is working just fine.

Because they are all using Flash fo their videos.

Insure you have the latest Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.55 (IE).

Google Chrome already comes with its own intergrated version of Flash. Make sure you have the latest Chrome updates as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice