Video

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shaman36

Ok ..Here is the Problem..I tried to install a voodoo card and when I turned on my computer it clicked off ..So I took the new card out and now all I get is a black screen and the hard drive just keeps running ...Any Help ?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Check the integrity of all the connections, especially the seating of the video card. If you don't get even a beep or two, you may have toasted the MB or P/S, but I'm betting it's something knocked loose in the installation of the other board.

Shaman36

I have checked all connections and nothing ...I still get nothing but a black screen and NO beeps

Shaman36

I cant even get into CMOS ..All I get is a black screen when I try and boot my computer...

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Are you sure the monitor connection is secure? Is the other adapter onboard? If so, you may have to short the jumper on the motherboard to clear the CMOS settings.

Also be sure you didn't bump the cpu or the ram chip(s) loose.....

Shaman36

Thanks I didnt think of that ..I will look at the Ram and see if there loose ..Then I will try and short the CMOS .....Again thank you ....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online