1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Videocard gone bad?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LuckyHeart, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LuckyHeart

LuckyHeart Thread Starter

I have had lines on the screen for awhile now and on two different monitors. The sound went out yesterday so I checked it out this morning, and removed the sound card and reinserted it in the same slot. Went to start up the computer and it beeps almost 10x's and no video. I have an amber light on the monitor so I am about to drop kick this computer out the window. Oh yah obiviously im on a different computer now. Is the car bad? Its 5yrs old. :mad:

2. norton850

norton850

"It beeps almost 10x"

If you can be specific about the number of beeps it would be helpful.

In the meantime since this started after you were working on the system, take the video card out and reseat it and make sure the cable from the monitor is secure.

3. LuckyHeart

2 quick beeps, then 8 more beeps, then 5 seconds later another 3 quick beeps. I also already removed and reseated the video card and checked the cables!

4. norton850

norton850

And odd beep combo. More than one problem?

Make sure your RAM is also secure in it's slots.
    Try your video card in another system or another card in yours.

5. LuckyHeart

I did just install a wireless network card and it caused it to start beeping upon bootup but the computer ran fine otherwise. The ram is seated fine and the video card is agp. I might be forced to go get another card. Fine a cheap one somewhere.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice