1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

videocard pins

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by echos, Apr 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. echos

echos Thread Starter

Can a loose pin on a monster 2 video card be
    reset or is it a futal effort to try? After moving to a new place, I plugged in the cpu. and got no 3dfx profile for games. I pulled the pin back out, (it was pushed in) butt am not sure about how much more damage there is cause it's on the very bottom of the fitting.(of course!)It's the fitting the pass-tru cable plugs-in on then connects to the primary card. Has anyone ever had this problem or know a fix. Thanks, Mark

2. Whypick1

Whypick1

do you mean its on the cable or the card, cause both are reperable, though i'm not exactly sure of to whht degree it would be (read: signature). But basically its a matter of getting some needle-nose pliers and pulling on the thing to make it straight as possible

------------------
    Just remember, i could be wrong.

3. echos

echos Thread Starter

IT'S on the card itself. butt it's not bent, or snapped in half, it is just loose or came unsoldered.It's real hard too tell cause it's on the bottem and hard to see or get at.

4. LarryCore

LarryCore

Very difficult to do... If a pin comes out of a video card it I usually just toss it and get a new card. You need to be really good to reattach one of them.

------------------
    Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech (4/29 free $5 added - free computer headset ends 4/30!):
    http://www.rkfdcore.com/ebaypics/referrals.htm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/32817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice