Solved Videos are corrupt

It's happen when the video file format won't supported to media player or operating system. The best way to download the codec to the related file format or convert the video file. But when you convert the file to other format there may be chance to loose quality of video compression. I think video repair software is the best option to repair the video files. As I found on Google search Stellar Repair for Video software help to fix these issue without loosing quality of video files and also display preview of the video files before purchase.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
VLC, a free player, plays almost everything except BluRay so there is no need to repair video files.
Do you happen to have VLC Player installed on your computer, Liz? If so, can you download, unzip the MKV file, and try to play it in VLC? I thought I had the latest version on my PC at home and it played with large pixelated black and green blocks.

plodr

Liz
I played an MKV movie on my laptop 2 nights ago with no problem other than the low sound. I attach an external speaker to the laptop's audio port so I can hear better.

VLC is installed on our four Windows 7 computers and on my android tablets. I'm not sure about the phone.
I don't have the latest version, perhaps that is the issue? I just checked and I am running 2.2.6 on my desktop and laptop. I'm not sure what I put on my husband's desktop and laptop. When v 3 came out I kept seeing posts about issues so I avoided upgrading it. I also don't run Windows 10 so I have no way of testing on a Win 10 computer.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I just installed VLC Player 3.0.11 on a desktop running Windows 8.1 Pro. Both the original file that OnisWrld emailed to me and the unzipped file from my upload play without any issues. OnisWrld let me know that the unzipped file played OK on their computer and that all of their other problem videos now play correctly.

I would not be surprised if the original and unzipped versions now play correctly on all players installed on my Windows 10 Pro desktop. Does the phase of the moon play a factor in properly decoding MKV files? LoL

plodr

Liz
To add, I checked my husband's netbook and I installed VLC 2.2.6 on it. I checked his history and last year he watched an mkv file. I know he didn't have a problem because if he did, he'd be asking me to have a look and see if I can fix it. (He always says if it weren't for me he wouldn't be using a computer.)

Perhaps all those Win 10 updates, change settings so things don't work as they did before.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I just double-checked both the original and Zipped-then-unzipped versions of the MKV file using VLC Player 3.0.11 on my desktop running 64-Bit Windows 10 Pro. They both play with the blocky, pixelated green and black areas.

At this point, I would not be surprised if the problem is due to a combination of Windows updates, the phase of the moon, and how Jupiter is aligned with Mars and would require a reading of a pile chicken bones to resolve the problem. LoL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online