Videos Glitching on Computer

eeethanw

(photo examples linked below) As far as I know, video/streams are not being displayed on Twitch, BBC Iplayer, standard windows 10 video player, viewing .mp4 files in discord and I have no clue what has happened. YouTube, Netflix and the ITV player function as normal. I have tried multiple fixes, reinstalling my graphic drivers, making sure I'm on the latest windows update etc. There seems to be no issue with temperatures or usage in task manager so does anybody have any idea what is going on?

Examples:

Well the strategy is "swap in known good working parts and test" . Start with the monitor if it is not a laptop.

eeethanw

Well the strategy is "swap in known good working parts and test" . Start with the monitor if it is not a laptop.
Well I have two monitors and the issue occurs exactly the same on both so I’m pretty sure they’re both fine. I was thinking my GPU might have broken however the usage and temps are fine as well as being able to run games perfectly and stream from other websites/services. What else could be an issue? Do you think it’s software related rather than hardware?

To eliminate the probability of software problems, go to the GPU's manufacturer site and download their drivers instead of relying on Device Manager. The manufacturer's driver can be better.

eeethanw

To eliminate the probability of software problems, go to the GPU's manufacturer site and download their drivers instead of relying on Device Manager. The manufacturer's driver can be better.
I've just redownloaded and installed my Nvidia GPU drivers and the issue hasn't fixed. Could there be any other software reason apart from the drivers for the issue?

Tanis

Shane
Can you provide the specs of your PC? Exact make and model if its a prebuilt, if its a self/custom build please include make and model of CPU, GPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU (make, model and wattage) etc.

Are you able to access the videos on any other device Phone, tablet etc?

eeethanw

Can you provide the specs of your PC? Exact make and model if its a prebuilt, if its a self/custom build please include make and model of CPU, GPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU (make, model and wattage) etc.

Are you able to access the videos on any other device Phone, tablet etc?
Hi, the PC is custom built - its specs are:
Intel i5 10600k
Msi GTX 1070
Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X motherboard
16GB Corsair vengeance RAM
Coolermaster hyper 212 CPU cooler
(I can’t remember the power supply or wattage, I built the PC at the end of 2017)
I think it would be important to mention that everything on the PC is running perfectly fine, it’s just certain types of videos/video streaming services aren’t being displayed (reference images earlier in thread)
I know for certain that the videos are not corrupt, my computer is just having trouble displaying the image.
Hope some of this info helps! Thank you for helping me out.

Tanis

Shane
If you don't have another GPU, try removing the dedicated card and test using the UHD630 graphics which are onboard the CPU.

Oddba11

Jim
I would think it's more likely something in common with the three players that aren't working, and not a larger issue.

For example, the desktop is always fine, so simply having a video not play properly doesn't really indicate a GPU issue. In addition, a video doesn't play properly in the BBC player but does on Youtube. I'm not familiar with any of the players that are not working. YouTube and Netflix are both browser based. Can you direct play videos stored on our HDD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online