1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

videos starting and stopping help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by irchris777, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irchris777

irchris777 Thread Starter

when i play a video such as on youtube the video stops and starts so much that i cant even watch it... i have high speed internet and can dl mp3s fast so i dont think speed is the probelm this started a couple weeks ago and is getting frustrating help i have an emachines wih windows xp im using abode flash player.

2. 00trav

00trav

first i would update your flashplayer,
    also double check and make sure the site you are viewing from isn't just streaming slow (wait for it to fully load and then watch)
    then if it continues control alt del and click on the processes tab, sort by CPU, and see what is hanging the processor.
    look to see if there is some other program that is using a lot of processing power. sometimes older cpu's can't handle flash video and other stuff running.

one other note: although its not common, some OEM's will limit laptop processor power when running on battery, but this is mostly for vista or if you have a third party program for XP.

hope this helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645071

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice