1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Videos won't load properly in Firefox2

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by angelmad_222, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelmad_222

angelmad_222 Thread Starter

Since installing Firefox 2, no videos from any video sites I visit (Google video, Youtube, etc.) will not load properly. Often they are jumpy or stuttery in sound and vision quality, and there is little responsiveness from the toolbar beneath the video (the one with the play button, etc.). Sometimes they will only load up about 10 seconds of video and then 'give-up' loading up anymore and giving the illusion the video is fully loaded. Sometimes it will lock-up too. I have gotten no problems using these video sites on IE6. I've already installed the necessary and latest plugins- Java, Flash and Shockwave, unless there happens to be more of that I don't know about. I've wondered if my Java installation or plugin has been corrupted, but I'm not sure on how to check, and if that's not the problem I have no clue what is.

I run on Win98SE, I use WinAmp only with Quicktime (the actual program) and Real Alternative (just a plugin with codecs and stuff for WinAmp). I also uninstalled Windows Media Player 9 recently since I got WinAmp- could that be part of the problem? I am also not behind any firewall I know of.

2. angelmad_222

angelmad_222 Thread Starter

It solved itself. I restarted my computer after I installed some game and on a whim, I decided to check if Youtube would work. It does. I just want to know why now. Could it be that the restart cleared something up?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544787

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice