1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Videos Won't Play!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bball7805, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bball7805

bball7805 Thread Starter

Up until a couple weeks ago I could view internet videos without a problem. For some reason now I can't view almost all of them. Ill open them up and they just wont load. Its odd and very frustrating. I have windows 7 on a dell vostro laptop computer and i use Google Chrome, although i have the same issue on IE and Firefox. Thank you very much!!!

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

bb :
    Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

Please download & run this forum's sys info tool.
    http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

Which model Vostro?

I am unfamiliar with GC.
    Which versions of IE & FF?
    If IE9, try with no add ons
    start > accessories > system tools > IE no add ons

Also FF safe mode [ which is NOT the same as W7;'s safe mode ]
    start > programs / all programs > Mozilla FF > M FF's safe mode

Try safe mode with networking. NOTE: a wi fi connection may not connect using W7's SM w/ networking

When did the computer last work well? Sometimes the exact date is important.

What changed; a hardware or software install or removal; a W7 update [ check W's update history ]; an update to a program such as Adobe Reader or Java or example; an update to your anti malware [ virus , spyware, etc ] program?

Which version of Adobe Flash Player is installed? When was it most recently updated?

When a video won't play, what specifically happens? A bloank viewing area? An error message? A BSOD?

ALL online videos? Only those at You Tube?

How about this one?
    http://www.weather.com/sports-rec/ski-conditions/six-snowiest-cities-20130105

edit
    During the past + / - 2 weeks, what troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Do you connect to the internet using wi fi or ethernet? if you haven't tried ethernet, do so. Have you ried multiple locations; connected to other interconnections [ home, office, school ]?

end edit

The more information you provide to us, the sooner can we help you fix your issue.

RF123

3. bball7805

bball7805 Thread Starter

IE with no add ons did not work.
    I have adobe flash 11 and its plug in and i have add and removed it many times hoping it would work
    I have firefox 18.0.1
    The exact date i do not know but i mark it right around 2-3 weeks ago.
    I am not positive if i accidentally deleted or installed a program that could affect this.
    Someone told me that it is possible i need to clean my internet storage or something like that
    I have also reinstalled shockwave and java.
    When I open videos, the loading circle moving thing will just keep spinning and it never plays or the video screen will just be black and never begin playing, depending on the website.
    Hope this gives your more information.
    Thank you!!

4. bball7805

bball7805 Thread Starter

also, that video did not play and i have tried hooking up to different networks. Everyone else connected to my current network does not have an issue

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Let's try ruling out a software conflict.

Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking.

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode

In the Advanced Boot Options menu, be sure to select Safe Mode with Networking.

Try watching Flash videos again.

6. rainforest123

rainforest123

If you can't connect to the internet, for testing, safe mode w/ networking [ SM w/ N ], using wireless, connect an ethernet cable & reboot to SM w/ N.

That's another very valid troubleshooting approach.
    (y)
    :)
    RF123

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088398

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice