viet-nam

BLADE4356

Since this is the year that many baby boomers are turning 60 , i was thinking that there must be alot of members who have pictures from their younger years in viet-nam. It would be nice to see the experiences that others have had when they were turning 19 or 20 years old.Nothing graphic please , just young american boys (and girls) growing up in a very turbulent era.
Shots of me turning 21 in vung-tau, me on the left, sitting in the door gunners spot of a uh-1d.

Attachments

A great idea Blade! (y) . I hope others post what photos they have.
And, I hope everything posted is about memories and NOT politic.
It was in fact a turbulent time, but regardless of politic, I have great respect for the bravery of our soldiers in a very difficult war, a issue never in doubt!. Another chance to say --Thank you.(y)
I am looking forward to seeing personal memories of those who served.
:) >f

Guyzer

Guy
Nice idea Blade. Being Canadian and to young to have enlisted ( I did try though ) I really wanted to go. Don't ask me why as I still can't answer it to this day. I look forward to more.
I hope you don't mind that I fixed one of your shots. Nothing disrespectful, just got rid of a few creases etc. If you don't approve let me know and I'll remove it lickety split.

Attachments

Wimpy369 said:
Nice idea Blade. Being Canadian and to young to have enlisted ( I did try though ) I really wanted to go. Don't ask me why as I still can't answer it to this day. I look forward to more.
I hope you don't mind that I fixed one of your shots. Nothing disrespectful, just got rid of a few creases etc. If you don't approve let me know and I'll remove it lickety split.
Good work Wimpy !! Wished I could could fix photos like that! (y) >f

BLADE4356

Hey wimpy , don't disapprove at all , matter of fact , thanks for the touch up. That shot is of the barracks which happened to be next to the base boundaries at vin-long. No-mans land on the other side of the wire. I had been over there 9 months when i got transferred there.This shot is from the chopper as we were coming in to land.Hard left turn coming up. My first day there , everyone laughed when i asked why there were soo many shafts of light coming thru the wall. Snipers occasionally would crack off a couple of rounds in the middle of the night from a tree line which is not in the picture.
Fidelista , my thoughts exactly , memories not politics. It was'nt a happy time but it did happen. We can't acknowledge just the good times but the bad also , its what makes us who we are today.

Very nice idea Blade, I look forward to seeing more posts.

I was U.S. Army 75-95, E-8, reitred

I also think that is a good idea Blade. I don't have any photos of that type, My Brothers were too young, but I had a bro in law, but no photos.
Hewee you did good. (y)

BLADE4356

Theses are some other shots that i came across. The one with me holding the helmet, it gets cold as hell once you get up to altitude , thats why the clothing seems alittle too much for over there. Another shot , i took when we got to altitude and i locked the m-60 in the down position and just sat back and enjoyed the scenery.
On post number 1 , i hope no one got the wrong idea, when i said young american boys and girls, there were alot of other soldiers (australian,south koreans, etc) that i worked with , i would love to see any of them send photo's also.The other shot is of me sitting in the rear seat (pilot) of a cobra helicopter, totally out of my element.

Attachments

BLADE4356

This thread seems to be going no where , dumb me thought that there would be alot of viet-nam vets willing to share . I can understand tho. not all vets came away from that experience with a healthy mind set. Would appreaciate it if the moderator would end this thread , thanks to all for their kind comments.Bye.

kidcnote

Banned
BLADE4356 said:
I was thinking that there must be alot of members who have pictures from their younger years in viet-nam. It would be nice to see the experiences that others have had when they were turning 19 or 20 years old.Nothing graphic please , just young american boys (and girls) growing up in a very turbulent era.
Shots of me turning 21 in vung-tau, me on the left, sitting in the door gunners spot of a uh-1d.
Sorry couldn't resist ;O)
http://www.pixpond.com/1/grqts.jpg
http://www.pixpond.com/1/4npi3c.jpg I was Airborne in 71-73..You guys we're just coming back home around "72"

kidcnote

Banned
BLADE4356 said:
This thread seems to be going no where , dumb me thought that there would be alot of viet-nam vets willing to share . I can understand tho. not all vets came away from that experience with a healthy mind set. Would appreaciate it if the moderator would end this thread , thanks to all for their kind comments.Bye.
Give it a little time. I'm sure this thread will grow..(y)

Gabriel

Account Closed
Yes, it probably will grow. I have many photos of my ex over there, from this period, and the only reason I don't put them up is that we aren't together any more. I just feel it would not be right to put his photos out there. We only have our grown kids in common now.
It does bring back a lot to see the photos. What turbulent times those were for us all. The memories are very admixed. I both long for back then, and am glad to not be back there.

Blade...there is no dumbness in starting this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online