1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

View as webpage problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by willowyang, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willowyang

willowyang Thread Starter

I have Windows 98, IE. 5.5, I lost some abilities to view files as web pages. Even I checked View As Webpage, the file in every folder I opened still can't be view as webpage. I tried to set it from folder, View --> as webpages, it does work. but the setting can't be saved, after reboot computer, it doesn't work again.

Any ideas? Have a nice Thanksgiving...

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I wasn't sure whether this could be the cause, but I just tested and confirmed it. If you have a "NoSaveSettings" entry in the registry with a value of 1, your changes to that option will not be retained through a reboot.

To check, go to start and run regedit

>> in the Edit>Find field, enter nosavesettings and click "find next"

>it should be in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

>> when found, either right click and delete the entry or modify the data value to all zeros

>> close the registry editor and reboot, then make another change and reboot again.

You might also try setting the change and clicking the option to "make all folders like the current one". Sometimes that works better.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59302

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice