1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

view as webpage

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by umterps, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. umterps

umterps Thread Starter

ever since I installed Win98 all of my folders have had the "view as webpage" option on, where it tells you the name of the file you have highlighted on the left, and shows you a preview of the picture if it is one. But about a week ago, my folders stopped doing this and I dont know why. I often click "view as webpage" but as soon as I close the folder it goes back to not being viewed as a webpage.

How can I make all my folders view like a webpage?

2. deanas

deanas

Try to open a windows explorer window and
    go to view, folder options.

3. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

If the Folders are not holding that setting there could possibly be a registry entry causing it. Go to start>run and type regedit. Press enter. Navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    And then to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Click on Explorer and look in the right pane for this entry:
    NoSaveSettings. If it's there and has a value of 1, either modify to a value of 0 or delete the entry entirely. Reboot.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Occasionally that happens to me. All the folders get reset and sometimes resetting them individually doesn't hold. What eventually sorts it out is to open Windows Explorer, set the "view as web page" option there, then go to View>folder options>view and click the make all folders " like current one" tab

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65297

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice