1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

View in Outlook Express 6

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Itinerant, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Itinerant

Itinerant Thread Starter

Hi First Post! Any ideas please abouit how to restore or repair the View function in OE 6 I have tried ussing View- Current View- Define-Customise also View-Layout & checking & Unchecking View Bar I've ussed repair IE6 option & uninstalled & re-installed OE6 I use MS Win ME & recently switched to Broadband Any help welcome -itinerant

2. Del

Del

If you have Win ME and it was working ok before, you can go to Start > Accessories > System Tools and click on System Restore.
    You'll hit Next and get a Calander. If you have a Bold Date on the left when it was working ok, click on it, then click on the time on the right. Then just keep hitting Next. It will restore your computer to that date and time and probably will fix the problem.
    You don't want to go back very far. I usually won't go back more than a week.

3. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

I am unable to understand your problem. Can you please clarify it?

If possible, can you attach screen shots? To Take Screen Shots, press the print screen button, go to paint and paste. Then save it as JPG files and post it here.

4. Itinerant

Itinerant Thread Starter

Dear abvavguser
    So sorry I haave managed to do a screen shot but have only been able to paste it into Word- I can't find out how to send it to the Forum as I have no e-mail address for you. I could send it 'to Mail Client' or as an attachment. Basically my problem is that 'Views' is blank so I cannot set up the option of having my read mail hidden etc. It's not life threatening but irritating! Thanks Itinerant

5. Del

Del

Did you try the system restore?
    If won't find the problem, but many times will fix it, which is what you are trying to do>

6. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

You can attach a picture to a post like the way I have attached here. Just look below the area where you type. You will see a browse button. Have a look at the picture.

Attached Files:

7. Itinerant

Itinerant Thread Starter

I've attempted to send screen shot as an attachment-Hope it works

8. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

I can't see any attached picture here!! :(. Try it again.

Just below the box where you type your post, there is a Command Button with the words "Browse" on it. Click on it and select the screen shot picture file.

9. Itinerant

Itinerant Thread Starter

Sorry to be a pain! I found the attachment & browse options on the posting form but I only have the screen shot as a Word document I do not have jpg files! Sorry! When I go to it on the Browse option it offers me 'open' but not anything else. I could send it as an attachment or ‘to mail client’ from Word if I had an e-mail address for the forum. Itinerant

10. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Open the word file, get the picture on screen and press "Print Screen"!! Go to paint, paste, save and attach it here!!

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111837

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice