View settings XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

helpless

When using Windows XP the View settings - Thumbnails-Tiles-Icons-List-Details - always comes up as Thumbnails. I would like to change this setting so that the default is "Details". How do I do this? All my efforts to find a solution have failed.

helpless

Thanks Elvandil for your reply. But I don't call myself Helpless for nothing! How do I reset the "folder view settings". Also, when I go to Control Panel<Folders, there is nothing there to enable me to change the default to "details" as I wish to. Can you help me any further?

Click on the link in my first message for the file that will reset your settings.

Open some random folder (not a specialized one like Computer, or Documents), and set it up the way you want it, details and all. Then, go to Tools > Folder Options, nad under the View tab, click the button to make all your folders like that one.

helpless

Got there at last - using the program I already had on my computer - Xteq x-setup. Many thanks for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online