1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

View Size, clarity, control panel

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by klou69, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. klou69

klou69 Thread Starter

I'm having trouble with changing my views. Working with graphics the pics don't appear clear. Task bars are too large and I can't change them. When I pull up my web home page I need to scroll left or right to view the whole page. I used to be able to view it without scrolling. I have gone into the control panel, but can't seem to fix the problem. Help - this is driving me crazy!!!

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

get a bigger monitor LOL

you went to control panel, display [or right click on empty place on desktop, click active desktop, customize]

-is your screen resolution the same as before, ie 800x600 or 1024x768?, same colour settings?

-click advanced, what's the font size setting? nromal, large ?

reset the values to what they should be, or as you remember them

also - do you use a wheel mouse/scroll mouse?
    - on the webpage, hold the control key down, and scroll back (bigger) or forward (smaller) a click at a time to adjust view

3. klou69

klou69 Thread Starter

Thank you, I was very close in finding the solution on my own - thanks for the help - okay, now the little pictures on the left of the screen, mine is the mickey mouse - I cannot see it clearly. I need a sharper picture.

4. klou69

klou69 Thread Starter

Also, on the right hand bottom corner of my screen where the clock is located there is a small picture of a printer, sound, and a couple other little pics - they are very fuzzy! How do I fix this?

5. jbcalg

jbcalg

it'd be easier if you provided some info:

monitor size?
    the settings i asked about last time:
    screen resolution you're using (ie 800x600, 1022x768 etc)
    colours setting (256, 24 bit etc)
    what OS (W98, 2000, etc)

6. klou69

klou69 Thread Starter

monitor size? 15
    the settings: 800x600
    colours setting: right now set at 256
    OS W98

The size is ok now - that I got, but the images are fuzzy!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice