1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"View Source" Not Working!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by purplekitten, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. purplekitten

purplekitten Thread Starter

For some reason the "View Source" option isn't working in my "View" options!! It isn't working anywhere...even in sites that don't/wouldn't have restrictions set. What is wrong?

Any help would be great :)

2. Abdhul

Abdhul

possibly your notepad executable has problems

I know that you can change the program that "view source" uses in the registry, but I don't know which regristry setting it is.

You can use this program: X-Setup Pro (registry tweaker, its free!) it will have the setting and you can change it there.

3. purplekitten

purplekitten Thread Starter

Fiddling with the registry scares me!!! is this a safe program for a novice?

4. Abdhul

Abdhul

That is why I reccomended X-Setup pro.
    It is for novices!
    This program is completely safe, I know because www.betanews.com does not host unsafe progams (y)

In fact, give me a few minutes and I will tell you exactly what to do in this program to accomplish it. :)

5. Abdhul

Abdhul

I found an option that allows you to change which program "view source" uses.

As follows:

start x-setup pro

click the "classic" button
    click the "internet" folder
    click the "internet explorer" folder
    click the "appearance" folder
    click the "view source editor"

you should see a textbox at the upper right hand side of the screen, with a button that says "...", click that and locate the program you want to use for "view source".
    when you're finished, make sure you click "apply changes" or press F9

Hopefully that helps you!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice