"View Source" Not Working!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

purplekitten

For some reason the "View Source" option isn't working in my "View" options!! It isn't working anywhere...even in sites that don't/wouldn't have restrictions set. What is wrong?

Any help would be great :)

possibly your notepad executable has problems

I know that you can change the program that "view source" uses in the registry, but I don't know which regristry setting it is.

You can use this program: X-Setup Pro (registry tweaker, its free!) it will have the setting and you can change it there.

That is why I reccomended X-Setup pro.
It is for novices!
This program is completely safe, I know because www.betanews.com does not host unsafe progams (y)

In fact, give me a few minutes and I will tell you exactly what to do in this program to accomplish it. :)

I found an option that allows you to change which program "view source" uses.

As follows:

start x-setup pro

click the "classic" button
click the "internet" folder
click the "internet explorer" folder
click the "appearance" folder
click the "view source editor"

you should see a textbox at the upper right hand side of the screen, with a button that says "...", click that and locate the program you want to use for "view source".
when you're finished, make sure you click "apply changes" or press F9

Hopefully that helps you!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts