Viewing a windows spool file (.spl)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

peter12345

I have looked at many webpages and still unable to solve
this issue. Maybe someone here can help. My printer broke down but I kept the windows printer spool file (.spl) and need to view the data from it since this is all I have from the document. The spool (.spl) file has a EMF header and was created from pcl6.
I wish to view that file but all I get is garbled text if I open it with wordpad etc. Is there any program or way that I can view it because the data(only text not photos) is in that spool file(3 Megs in size) but the printer broke down and I have no way of viewing it.

I tried Ghost script and other PCL viewers with out much luck since my file is a .spl

Please help.. :(

Thank you in advance,

Peter

this maybe a post that would get a good response if moved to the Hardware forum later on if need be.:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online