1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Viewing a XP partition from 2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by aegwadar, Dec 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aegwadar

aegwadar Thread Starter

Hello, I was just wondering if there is way around the problem of trying to view files in a XP partition from 2000, they are both NTFS, is there a true reason for not being able to view the partition. We are trying to do this so we can backup XP from 2000. and we need to retrieve the .bck file from the XP partition.

Thanks.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I dual boot xp and win2k; all files are viewable from each os. I would tend to think you need to set permissions in the os you want to view. If the file is in xp and you want to see it from win2k, you need to set the permission in xp.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!