1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Viewing C:\ space

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by aka_notre_galaxi, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aka_notre_galaxi

aka_notre_galaxi Thread Starter

Alright, I don't anything about computers. I'm into science but not computers, but my brother has very... extensive... knowledge about this area.

I'm trying to figure out why my C:\ has only about 2 gigs of space left out of 90 gigs. I don't use that much space on my computer. I have itunes and some programs and word files and that's it, so there's no reason for so much space to be eaten up. I think my brother is using my laptop for... something, but I have no idea what because if he is he hid the files from me. (And no, I can't always keep my computer away from him or his internet skills).

I manually checked the contents of C:\ and the Windows file has 48 gigs used up and the User file has 17 gigs used. All the other files have negligible amounts of data usage. I don't know what to do beyond here though.

Can someone give me some advice on how to figure this out? Like how to do a scan or view hidden files?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971321

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice