1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Viewing HTML mail offline

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by crispy, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crispy

crispy Thread Starter

Does anyone know why HTML mail loses its images when I am not online? The images have obviously been downloaded when initially viewing them, so how come they vanish if you happen to check them while offline?

Is there some setting I can change, or is this just one of the crazy annoying things about HTML mail?

Chris P

2. Corrosive

Corrosive

It's the latter. You can view images, and I think they might be in some kind of temp folder or a cache of some kind.

Basically, the line of code which inserts an image (I'm not sure if you know all that much about HTML generally) points to a certain place which you may not have access to, ie the image may be from a website and is only "linked" to, and does not come with the email itself.

3. crispy

crispy Thread Starter

Thanks Corrosive, I was afraid it might be :(

I wonder why the senders dont embed the pictures with the mail. As the majority of HTML mail that I get is from businesses trying to sell me stuff, you'd think they'd want to make it as easy as possible for me to read it over and over. Instead of that, the majority of it goes straight in the bin.

Chris P

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice