1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Viewing Internet Explorer History across a LAN

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Porker, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Porker

Porker Thread Starter

Hi,

Does anyone know how to view the internet explorer history folder on another computer (both XP and 98SE) across a LAN, I have access to the computer but when I browse there it shows the history on My Computer (XP) not the ones I am wanting to look at.

Can anyone help me on this one.
    Cheers
    Porker
    :(

2. putasolution

putasolution

I would imagine that you would have to change the permissions on the host computer to make the History folder a shared folder.

3. pgriffet

pgriffet

I don't know if it's possible as what you explain is the trick to see the real content of IE's cache/history on a PC across a LAN.

4. angel

angel

Sorry for resurrecting a terribly old thread but thought this might be helpful to others.
    I've never had the need to view the History on another computer until today. Now - I'm sure there are other ways to do it but I found this cute little util that is small, simple, easy and works like a charm!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170097

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice