Viewing Internet Explorer History across a LAN

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Porker

Hi,

Does anyone know how to view the internet explorer history folder on another computer (both XP and 98SE) across a LAN, I have access to the computer but when I browse there it shows the history on My Computer (XP) not the ones I am wanting to look at.

Can anyone help me on this one.
Cheers
Porker
:(

I would imagine that you would have to change the permissions on the host computer to make the History folder a shared folder.

I don't know if it's possible as what you explain is the trick to see the real content of IE's cache/history on a PC across a LAN.

Sorry for resurrecting a terribly old thread but thought this might be helpful to others.
I've never had the need to view the History on another computer until today. Now - I'm sure there are other ways to do it but I found this cute little util that is small, simple, easy and works like a charm!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online