Viewing Notebook through TV

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

forester9383

I have a 32 inch Sony TV and a Dell Inspiron laptop. I'd like to be able to surf the web on my TV (and use Microsoft Word, etc.) with a wireless keyboard and mouse. How do I project what I see on my laptop onto my TV?

Also has anyone tried this and got a decent picture on their TV? I wouldn't want to do this if the resolution is totally crappy!

Why not attach your laptop via Svideo to your Tv and see what it looks like---(if you want sound you will have to attach the two RCA jacks into the sound ports.

As above, most laptops have a port for S-Video.

But you will be horrified at the low resolution on a standard TV, the text will probably be hard to read.

Is it possibly to get one of those old TV - video game system adapters with the little switches for tv/video? I had one for intelevision. If you get a cable hookdup or whatever conector maybe it will act as a hard connection. And it will give you a switch for the TV if you want to stop using it.

I think its about like Svideo or a normal cable jack. I dont know about compatability though.

Youd probly just has to manually tell it a connection to send the stream out constantly and let your TV treat it like an old video game. I'd think it would work if you did everything on the computers end correctly, despite modern logic in these things.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online