1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Viewing others on the network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by userQ, Dec 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. userQ

userQ Thread Starter

I have an NT network, everyone is on one subnet. DHCP running. User manager has 6 groups and users are pretty much spread out evenly in these groups. In Network Properties at each work station the Identity tab lists that person's workgroup (same as user manager) as the group they are in, NOT the NT domain name. This used to work just fine. When browsing the network weith Network Neighborhood, you could see all the workgroups and could expand them to see members. Now, I can only see one workgroup! I can't figure it out! Any ideas?

2. Rockn

Rockn

So you have them as part of a workgroup logging in to an NT domain? Not sure if that will ever work correctly unless the server is set up as a workgroup server as well as opposed to a domain controller.

3. Monk_

Monk_

Are the workstations running NT Workstation? When you say 6 groups are you refering to Local/Global groups?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61014

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice