Viewing others on the network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

userQ

I have an NT network, everyone is on one subnet. DHCP running. User manager has 6 groups and users are pretty much spread out evenly in these groups. In Network Properties at each work station the Identity tab lists that person's workgroup (same as user manager) as the group they are in, NOT the NT domain name. This used to work just fine. When browsing the network weith Network Neighborhood, you could see all the workgroups and could expand them to see members. Now, I can only see one workgroup! I can't figure it out! Any ideas?

So you have them as part of a workgroup logging in to an NT domain? Not sure if that will ever work correctly unless the server is set up as a workgroup server as well as opposed to a domain controller.

Are the workstations running NT Workstation? When you say 6 groups are you refering to Local/Global groups?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online