1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

viewing PDF files from link in intranet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JezP, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JezP

JezP Thread Starter

A very high percentage of users are able to click on a link within our intranet pages to display the content in a seperate window using adobe acrobat v 6.0.1

I have come across a couple of users that are unable to do this. The seperate window opens but adobe reader does not seem to activate and all they see is an icon in the top left corner (usually what you see when an image is not available).

The link is good bacause it works on other machines and it is all pdf links that are not working on these 2 problem machines.

I have tried installing all windows updates and available adobe updates but has made no difference. I have tried going through control panel\folder options and selecting adobe reader as the program to view all pdf files.

Look forward to any help...

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

uninstall adobe, reboot/reinstall.

i use 5.0

3. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

No need to uninstall and reinstall - In the General preferences WITHIN Adiobe Acrobat Reader is an option for I.E. integration. Uncheck or check depending on the person with the problem. - Please note that SOME sites will actually know about this issue and inform you you have to disable I.E. integration aand download the PDF to open in the Adobe Acrobat this usually occurs in sites with low bandwidth where the PDF file times out before I.E. tries to open the integrated Adobe acrobat reader.

4. JezP

JezP Thread Starter

disabling or enabling IE settings did not work, however the simple uninstall and reinstall seems to have done the trick.

Thanks,

Jez

5. hewee

hewee

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice