1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

viewing pdf files wihin Expression Web 2

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by chasx, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chasx

chasx Thread Starter

Posting this question here may be a reach but would like to try anyway. When I first installed Windows 7 Pro, installed Expression WEb 2, did not work right so installed the virtual XP (available for the Win7 Pro versin) now EW2 works just fine. Now I got hit wilh a bad virus or malware don't know which but it really fouled things up. I had to format the drives and start over. Windows 7 Pro went in just fine, re-installed the virtual XP that also worked fine, re-installed EW2. Now Expression web2 works fine in ALL respects except when I access a pdf (Acrobat Reader) file all I get is gibberish. I can access the same pdf files while in Windows 7 Pro, no problem the file comes up just fine.

Why does it open in gibberish when accessing the file from within Expression Web 2?

Any Ideas? I have removed and re--installed the Acrobat Reader, I have removed and re-inastalled Expression Web2, still no change.

2. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    I am using release 3, but the procedure may be the same.
    Open "Tools" - Configure Editors.
    Over on the top right, next to the "X", Click the samll Window (New Editor)
    Browse for Adobe Acrobat and select.- OK

Outline Adobe Acrobat, in the previous window select, back up at the top, the first icon,
    (New Extension) and write in pdf.
    Now back out and see if there is any improvement.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971083

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice