1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

viewing photo's windows XP

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by dmcd, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmcd

dmcd Thread Starter

My folder for storing pictures is My pictures. However, whenever it opens up, I have to change it to viewing as thumbnails. How can I change it so that it will open as thumbnails by default please??? thanks!
    I am using windows XP professional.

2. dmcd

dmcd Thread Starter

Sorry.............I should have said I have problems when viewing in Adobe Photshop 7 - not XP. XP does open with photo's as thumbnails but Photoshop doesn't. how can I change photoshop please??

3. uly7

uly7

Hola
    Open your pics folder and set it to thumbnails/go to tools/folder options/view/scroll down until you see "Managing pairs of web pages and folders"/click in remember each folder's view settings/apply and you are set.
    In Photoshop, don't use the open command, use your file browser. In the open command, I don't know where to set this option.
    Good luck
    Uly7

4. dmcd

dmcd Thread Starter

hello - I cannot see tools as an option when I open up my Adobe Photoshop. This is where I have the problem - I can see them as thumbnails already in XP.
    thanks

5. uly7

uly7

Hola
    When I said "Tools" I thought you said XP.
    Photoshop don't have this option, and in preferences, there's no option for this task. Use your file browser instead. If you find this option, let me know.
    Good luck
    Uly7

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    when you goto File / open in PS7 - you get a dialouge box up with various options, if you look at the top righthand side you will see a square with coloures in - click on the arrow at the side - then you can choose to display thumbnails, tiles, icons, list, details

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/228603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice