1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Viewing Video

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mbhuc5, Dec 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mbhuc5

mbhuc5 Thread Starter

When a video is posted on FB or even the help video for this site, it doesn't show me the video. I hear the talking but no picture. If i cursor over the bottom, it will show in a small window what the bigger picture should be showing me, (hope that makes sense). Not sure why i'm having this problem. Or if it does show it, there's no color..

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

For starters, please download and run the TSG System Information Utility on the PC in question, and then post the details back to this thread. In addition: which browser are you using? Have you tried any alternate browser(s)?

3. mbhuc5

mbhuc5 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 0 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3533 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8400, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 455 GB (411 GB Free);
    Motherboard: AMD, Larne
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

I'm using chrome. I was able to watch the videos last week. I ran CCleaner on the weekend so i'm wondering if I got rid of something?

4. RT

RT

As suggested above by lochlomonder, do try a different browser, like FireFox or Edge (which is already installed on your system).
    If another works while Chrome does not, that may provide a clue as to what's going on.

And as a side note, I see Defender is disabled, so I hope your are running some other AV program.

5. mbhuc5

mbhuc5 Thread Starter

I just tried Edge and it does the same thing. I can see picture and things moving, but very blurry and no color
    also i do have Norton on computer. that's why defender is disabled

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Easiest way to determine this was to use a restore point before CCleaner was run.
    If videos now work, you have your answer.

7. mbhuc5

mbhuc5 Thread Starter

I did a system restore and still doing same thing. Not sure what else to do.

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    What version of Windows? What browser do you use? You are probably missing a plugin or codec since you see no video.

Post a link from this site that you can't see so I can figure out what you are missing. (I don't use FB so no links from there.)

9. mbhuc5

mbhuc5 Thread Starter

Windows 10. I usually use chrome, but did try edge and it didn'twork either. It is on facebook that i can't watch the videos that are posted.how do i check to see if a plug in is missing. or is there a place to update plugins?

10. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I don't run Windows 10 and I don't use Chrome on any Windows computer. So I don't know about plugins for Chrome nor Edge.

11. mbhuc5

mbhuc5 Thread Starter

I just updated my windows 10, I also updated adobe flash player. still no luck

12. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  13. mbhuc5

mbhuc5 Thread Starter

These are videos/clips that are on facebook. I went to youtube and that works fine.

14. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

I would recommend checking Adobe Flash is the most current version on your PC. Usually, it will be downloaded by Windows since the update is integrated into the overall Windows update.

15. mbhuc5

mbhuc5 Thread Starter

last night when i hooked my hdmi to my tv, i went to sound panel to change sound so it comes through tv and not computer, but AMD HD audio device was missing, so i figured out how to add it to my list so i can choose either speakers,, or the AMD. Is there a video device panel, or such, that i can go to to see if something is missing?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220639

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice